138 academy owners told us how they were fairing post COVID-19 quarantine.
The numbers aren't looking good.
Let's breakdown the data:
- 8.7% permanently closed their academy
- 32.6% lost over 40% of their students
- 84.8% said they lost students since the pandemic
- 8.7% have grown student counts
- 6.5% said COVID-19 closures haven't affected their numbers
You haven't lost the fight yet, here's 3 things you can do to save your business:
- consider training outside with simple fitness routines (parks, playgrounds, and school lawns) - dojo owners have told us this is a new way to get local students as customers
- killer SEO content - make videos that rank highly for bully busting, kids confidence, weight loss over 40 and your choice of martial art keywords to bring traffic
- film your curriculum - even from your phone, having instructional videos for your students (and prospects) keeps them engaged, prevents cancellations, and makes you an expert in your community
Have questions about best practices for your academy or dojo? Click here to schedule a free 15 minute live chat with a professional dojo consultant.